Smart products are there to make your daily life a lot easier. The household plays a major role in this. You like to live in a clean and tidy house, don't you? A robotic vacuum can be one of the solutions. But how does it work, and what are the things you need to pay attention to? We will explain the questions you have with the product 'the Robotic Vacuum Cleaner' in this article. And we will give you some extra tips!
A robot vacuum adapts to your home
Have you purchased a robot hoover? Great! We dare to tell you right now that you won't be able to live without it in a while. After all, your new robot vacuum is not just any device, it is a really smart device. The first few times you have to get used to the surroundings. It will still have to figure out how your house is made up. Our tip here is: don't try to correct the device. A smart hoover learns the layout of the house and will remember its best routes. It will take into account the objects in the room. The robot vacuum is equipped with sensors, with which it detects everything in its vicinity. So it will not just bump into or fall off anything.
Do you wonder why the vacuum suddenly stops vacuuming and returns to the charging station? Then the robot hoover is empty and recharges itself immediately. Do you wonder why it gets stuck in a certain place by going over it a few times? Then there would probably still be some dirt or dust there that the hoover didn't want to forget. Our tip is therefore: let the robot vacuum do its thing, and enjoy the extra time you now have now that you don't have to vacuum yourself.
What are the benefits of a robot vacuum cleaner?
There are, of course, a number of reasons why you should opt for a robotic vacuum. We will list them for you:
- It saves you time. You can turn on the robot vacuum when you are not at home. In this way, you get home from work and your house has already been cleaned for you.
- It provides extra convenience. You turn on the robot and don't have to look at it anymore. So you can do other activities yourself or lie down on the couch.
- They are easy to use. It's just a matter of pressing the button.
- You don't have to charge it yourself. The vacuum recharges itself by returning to its charging station.
- They can easily get under your furniture.
- They quietly do their work.
- Most robotic vacuum cleaners have a mop function. So your house will be extra clean.
Do you have cats or dogs in your house? Then it is possible that they may react strangely to the robot cleaner in the beginning. Also let your pets get used to the new device. Cats will soon get used to the robot hoover, but with dogs it can sometimes take a while. Is this the case for you? Plan the vacuum so that it will run when your dog is less bothered by it. This can be during a long afternoon walk, for example, or at night when the dog is not in the same room as the robot cleaner.
Where do you place the charging station?
The robot vacuum is smart enough to charge itself. It does this by means of the charging station. It always returns to this charging station: when it has finished vacuuming or when it is empty and needs to be recharged. We give you a handy tip on how to place the station. Place the charging station against a wall with a flat surface. in a place where there is enough space around the station, both at the front and the sides. This is the best way for the robot hoover to find the station.
Operating the robotic vacuum cleaner
Most robotic vacuum cleaners come with a remote control, just like Hoftronic Smart robotic vacuums. With this remote control you can immediately switch the robot cleaner on or off. This is of course very handy, but a robot vacuum is a smart device. This means that it can also be controlled via an app on your smartphone or a smart speaker such as Google Home or Amazon Alexa. At Hoftronic Smart you use the Hoftronic Smart. If you link your robot vacuum to the app, you can also use handy timetables. For example, you can set your smart vacuum to run when you are at work in the office.
Make sure the floor is free
In order for the robot hoover to function optimally, there are a number of things to take into account:
- Make sure there are no loose items lying around. Shoes, socks, dog toys or children's toys on the floor will prevent the robot vacuum cleaner from doing its job properly in every place. Make sure that the floor is free before you turn on the unit.
- Make sure there is a good WiFi connection with the device. The robot vacuum is a smart product and is connected via WiFi to the app on your smartphone or a smart speaker. If your WiFi does not work properly, it is possible that the smart robot hoover will not work either.
- Do you want the vacuum to specifically vacuum 1 room? Then keep your doors closed from the room. This will prevent the vacuum from going beyond the desired surface area. You can also use magnetic strips on many robot vacuums. With these magnetic strips, you mark the vacuum area within which the vacuum cleaner must remain.
Maintenance is key
Good maintenance is very important for the robot vacuum. This will extend the life of the device. The robot vacuum consists of several parts. For example, there is the dust container that you can detach from the device. Make sure you empty it frequently, preferably after each session. Also clean the filters and brushes regularly. This will ensure that the vacuum itself stays fresh, but also that the brushes continue to rotate smoothly. As already mentioned, the robot hoover has sensors to detect objects. It is important that these too are cleaned and that this is done regularly. If the sensors are not clean properly, it can happen that the smart robot cleaner gets navigation problems.
A robot vacuum in the house will take some getting used to in the beginning. And let's be honest, in the beginning you will probably just keep following it and you will be impressed by the work it does for you. After a while you will get used to it and you will notice that it has become part of your family.
Would you like to receive more advice about robotic vacuum cleaners? You can always contact our product specialists. Call +31 (0) 851304186.